It's the end of the first week of school.
I told my friend school was fun. He said I must be doing it wrong because school isn't supposed to be fun. I beg to differ.
Either way, the start of my first semester has been filled with anticipation and butterflies. Now that I've been to all my classes twice, here is a partial list of the (non-scholarly) things I've learned:
- Twitter is mightly helpful for getting up to the minute updates from UTA for the train.
- The thing I miss most from work during the day is being able to listen to ESPN radio pretty much non stop.
- All college girls have the same fashion basics. Me included.
- I'm testing meal replacement bars and they're not so bad.
- But I'm still starving when 2pm rolls around.
- I feel inspired and motivated.
- I'm continuing to feel tired while my body adjusts to my new “higher” activity level. No freshman 15 for this girl. Which is doubly good since I'm technically a junior.
- I have enough reading to do that I'm no longer bored during my break in classes.
- Am I the oldest student in my classes? Almost 🙂
This going back to school still has me feeling a bit out of sorts. But a couple more weeks in and I'll be adjusted and moving right along. I've been able to feel settled and familiar with my route to classes and the train schedule. I'm hoping within the next couple weeks to find the activities and events I need to get involved in so I can get the experience and exposure I need.
So much has happened already, but still so much more to come!